Route des Grands Crus and œnotourism
Use your stay at the Abbaye de la Bussière to discover Burgundy, its prestigious vineyards, wine villages and towns, its landscapes and other tourist sites and attractions. There is a multitude of activities to choose from:
- Route des Grands Crus: nicknamed the “Champs-Elysées de la Bourgogne”, this itinerary over sixty kilometers takes you between the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune, passing through 37 villages from Dijon to Santenay, via Chambolle-Musigny, Vosne-Romanée, Nuits-Saint-Georges, Pommard… so many deliciously sounding names to the ears of lovers of great wines. This tourist route may be discovered by car, but also by bicycle or on foot. The Voie Verte (Green Route) or Voie des Vignes (Vine Route) are perfectly recommended for cyclists. In fact, we can lend you bicycles for all your two-wheeler trip requirements.
Why not journey back in time and take a magical ride in a hot air balloon to discover the famous villages of Burgundy, the picturesque villages and the medieval castles: Air Escargot
If you would like to reserve a local, authentic experience during your stay at the Abbaye, take a look at Happy Bourgogne who propose a selection of over 150 unique experiences. As a client of the Abbaye, you will benefit from a 10% discount by using the promotional code: hb-abbaye-de-la-bussiere.
Or you might prefer an organised bike tour with one of our partners such as:
- Wine tastings: we work with wine domains in the region where we can organize private tasting sessions.
You might also contact one of our wine tourism partners to organise a day's wine tasting, such as:
Breitling Jets: If you want to discover the truly exhilarating experience of flying as a passenger in a Breitling Jet formation, based at Dijon airport - Breitling Jets
The Icar'Air Team also proposes helicopter transferts to the Abbaye and helicopter discoveries of the Burgundy vineyard region.
- Beaune: the high point of wine culture and commerce, Beaune continues to enchant its visitors. Capital of the wines of Burgundy, it houses numerous wine cellars for tasting the crus that make the region’s reputation. Do not miss going to the famous Hospices de Beaune, where each year there is a wine auction attracting wine lovers and buyers from the whole world. Also to be visited: the collegiate church of Notre-Dame, the covered market hall, the Museum of the Wines of Burgundy, the Museum of Fine Arts.
For group tastings, visits and other activities, click here: Groups
- Dijon: former capital of the Dukes of Burgundy, the city is visited as much for its gastronomic as its cultural heritage. Discover the palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, Notre-Dame Church with its sculpted owl - emblem of the city, the Puits de Moïse, a 15th century sculptural masterpiece, the museums, etc.Map of the vineyards of Burgundy
Discovery of Burgundian Heritage
In terms of tourism and heritage, do not fail to visit:
- Churches and abbeys: Burgundy includes a large number of religious edifices dating from the Middle Ages, with so many not-to-be-missed sites, as much for their artistic as historical features. Let yourself be enchanted by the abbeys of Fontenay, Cîteaux, Cluny, Tournus, the basilica of Vézelay, the cathedral of Autun…
- Castles: Châteauneuf-en-Auxois, la Rochepot, Bussy-Rabutin, Commarin… The Château du Clos de Vougeot, at the heart of the Route des Grands Crus wine trail, has housed the confraternity of the Chevaliers du Tastevin since 1944.
- The site of Alésia - MuséoParc: follow in the steps of Vercingétorix, famous Gaulois chieftain whose defeat at Alésia against the Roman Empire remains etched in History. Near Alise-Sainte-Reine, visit the Centre d’Interprétation and the archeological museum. Follow also the discovery trails.
- The Trésor de Vix: at Châtillon-sur-Seine, discover this extraordinary collection of treasures whose masterpiece, the famous Vase de Vix, will astonish you by its incredible size.
- The Rock of Solutré: in the heart of the vineyards, enjoy this exceptional viewing point. Furthermore, the local Prehistoric Museum invites you to journey back in Time.
Sporting and Leisure Activities
On the sports and leisure side, we suggest:
- Canal de Bourgogne: embark on a short cruise or take to your bicycle to discover the natural heart of Burgundy. We can lend you bicycles: don’t hesitate to go off for a ride, amongst villages, castles and vineyards.
- Patrouille Breitling: based at the Dijon-Longvic airport, this civil aviation acrobatic team holds in store a lot of surprises for lovers of thrills and sensations. The Breitling Jet Team trains from November to March before moving on to air shows throughout Europe.
- Dijon-PrenoisCircuit: addicts of motor sports can rendez-vous at this circuit which in particular stages the historic Grand Prix de Bourgogne and the Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or (Golden Age). Racing driver training and track initiations are also on offer.
- The Morvan: this natural park in the region particularly includes numerous hiking trails like the GR13, Tour of the Morvan GR country trail, GR131 or the path from Bibracte to Alésia.