Access to the Abbaye de la Bussière
between Dijon and Beaune
Tourism and access
to the Abbaye de la Bussière
The Abbaye de la Bussière welcomes you in La Bussière-sur-Ouche, in Burgundy. In the heart of the Côte d’Or, our hotel-restaurant is situated less than 30 minutes from Dijon, Beaune and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The Route des Grands Crus can thus be discovered very easily from our Relais & Châteaux establishment.
At the entrance to this village in the Ouche valley, the Abbaye is found behind a large gateway that opens automatically upon your arrival.
Take advantage of this privileged location for: the vineyards, the Canal de Bourgogne as well as the churches and abbeys dotted around the region and of which La Bussière is a perfect example.
How to get here?
Leave the A38 motorway at Pont de Pany. Take the D33 direction Sainte-Marie-sur-Ouche and follow this road as far as La Bussière-sur-Ouche. The Abbaye de la Bussière is on your right, when nearing the village. Approach the entrance and the gates will open automatically.
GPS Co-ordinates :
Latitude: 47.216808; Longitude : 4.721216
The nearest TGV high speed train station is in Dijon. We can organise your transfer from Dijon station or your car rental.
- Dijon-Paris: 1h40
- Dijon-London: 4h30
The nearest airports are those at Dijon Longvic, Lyon, Genève and Paris CDG.
For helicopter flights and landing sites, please contact us.
Main towns and cities nearby
Distances in kilometres between La Bussière-sur-Ouche and:
|Genève (Suisse)||267 km|
Route des Grands Crus and œnotourism
Use your stay at the Abbaye de la Bussière to discover Burgundy, its prestigious vineyards, wine villages and towns, its landscapes and other tourist sites and attractions. There is a multitude of activities to choose from:
Route des Grands Crus: nicknamed the “Champs-Elysées de la Bourgogne”, this itinerary over sixty kilometers takes you between the Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune, passing through 37 villages from Dijon to Santenay, via Chambolle-Musigny, Vosne-Romanée, Nuits-Saint-Georges, Pommard… so many deliciously sounding names to the ears of lovers of great wines.
This tourist route may be discovered by car, but also by bicycle or on foot. The Voie Verte (Green Route) or Voie des Vignes (Vine Route) are perfectly recommended for cyclists. In fact, we can lend you bicycles for all your two-wheeler trip requirements.
Cultural and sporting experiences,
Nature in Burgundy
Why not journey back in time and take a magical ride in a hot air balloon to discover the famous villages of Burgundy, the picturesque villages and the medieval castles: Air Escargot
Wine tastings: we work with wine domains in the region where we can organize private tasting sessions.
Or would you rather explore the Burgundian terroir and its winegrowers by foot? Then contact La Bourgogne à vos pieds
Breitling Jets: If you want to discover the truly exhilarating experience of flying as a passenger in a Breitling Jet formation, based at Dijon airport - Breitling Jets
The Icar'Air Team also proposes helicopter transferts to the Abbaye and helicopter discoveries of the Burgundy vineyard region.
Our historic towns
and cities in Burgundy
Beaune: the high point of wine culture and commerce, Beaune continues to enchant its visitors. Capital of the wines of Burgundy, it houses numerous wine cellars for tasting the crus that make the region’s reputation. Do not miss going to the famous Hospices de Beaune, where each year there is a wine auction attracting wine lovers and buyers from the whole world. Also to be visited: the collegiate church of Notre-Dame, the covered market hall, the Museum of the Wines of Burgundy, the Museum of Fine Arts.
For group tastings, visits and other activities, click here: Groups
Dijon: former capital of the Dukes of Burgundy, the city is visited as much for its gastronomic as its cultural heritage. Discover the palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, Notre-Dame Church with its sculpted owl - emblem of the city, the Puits de Moïse, a 15th century sculptural masterpiece, the museums, etc.
Discovery of Burgundian Heritage
In terms of tourism and heritage, do not fail to visit:
- Churches and abbeys: Burgundy includes a large number of religious edifices dating from the Middle Ages, with so many not-to-be-missed sites, as much for their artistic as historical features. Let yourself be enchanted by the abbeys of Fontenay, Cîteaux, Cluny, Tournus, the basilica of Vézelay, the cathedral of Autun…
- Castles: Châteauneuf-en-Auxois , la Rochepot, Bussy-Rabutin, Commarin… Château du Clos de Vougeot , at the heart of the Route des Grands Crus wine trail, has housed the confraternity of the Chevaliers du Tastevin since 1944.
- The site of Alesia - MuseoParc: follow in the steps of Vercingétorix, famous Gaulois chieftain whose defeat at Alésia against the Roman Empire remains etched in History. Near Alise-Sainte-Reine, visit the Centre d’Interprétation and the archeological museum. Follow also the discovery trails.
- The Trésor de Vix: at Châtillon-sur-Seine, discover this extraordinary collection of treasures whose masterpiece, the famous Vase de Vix, will astonish you by its incredible size.
- The Rock of Solutré: in the heart of the vineyards, enjoy this exceptional viewing point. Furthermore, the local Prehistoric Museum invites you to journey back in Time.
Sporting and Leisure Activities
On the sports and leisure side, we suggest:
- Canal de Bourgogne: embark on a short cruise or take to your bicycle to discover the natural heart of Burgundy. We can lend you bicycles: don’t hesitate to go off for a ride, amongst villages, castles and vineyards.
- Patrouille Breitling: based at the Dijon-Longvic airport, this civil aviation acrobatic team holds in store a lot of surprises for lovers of thrills and sensations. The Breitling Jet Team trains from November to March before moving on to air shows throughout Europe.
- Dijon-PrenoisCircuit: addicts of motor sports can rendez-vous at this circuit which in particular stages the historic Grand Prix de Bourgogne and the Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or (Golden Age). Racing driver training and track initiations are also on offer.
- The Morvan: this natural park in the region particularly includes numerous hiking trails like the GR13, Tour of the Morvan GR country trail, GR131 or the path from Bibracte to Alésia.